The event will be of interest to all informationprofessionals, interdisciplinary researchers, decision makers, informationusers, information content developers, and digital information suppliers. The basic themes of the conference will cover:
- Impact of job Markets: Changing nature of jobdescriptions and requirements in the digital age.
- Impact of users: Information seeking behavior ofArabic-speaking digital and conventional users and consumers of digital contentin the Arab World.
- Impact of Web 2.0 and 3.0: Beyond maintenance of existingservices, libraries are increasingly concerned with reaching out to new usergroups.
- Impact of Open Access: Effects of removing price andpermission barriers to facilitate access to collections.
- Digital Information Literacy in Academic Libraries:Moving beyond simply teaching users how to locate relevant information andencouraging communication, cooperation and collaboration among digital mediausers.
- The iCloud and Mobile Technologies as enhancers ofinformation services: Mobile library services and data searching as well ascloud archiving and data storage
Five workshops will be held prior to the conference whichwill be announced soon.
For more information about the conference,please visit the conference website:
For Online Registration:
The conference Hotel is RitzCarleton, please use the following Link to get SLA-AGCconference rate:
We look forward to welcoming you at the SLA-AGCConference in March 2014