Park Regis Kris Kin Hotel Dubai, on the 12th of May,
and at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi, on the 13th of May, 2014.
The seminar aimed to provide strategic key approaches in improving quality and safety of nursing practice from the evidence available in literature research designing a framework to transfer high standards of care into practice in nursing delivery of care.
This Program is awarded (4) CPD Credit Points by Dubai Health Authority (Accreditation #0457/14)" which is equivalent to (4) CPD Credit Points from HAAD
The Key discussion topics in the seminar were:
- Pain management Barriers
- Simulation as a strategic approach to improve practice in nursing
- Expanded role of the nurse as a leader in practice to improve quality and safety of care
- Strategies in medication safety in nursing practice
- This seminar was designed to spread maximum awareness on quality and safety related preventive measures that have been evidenced in research to improve nursing practice and eventually improve patient centered care. The event was with collaboration of key speakers:
- Dr Houda Huijer, RN, PhD, FEANS, FAAN, Director Hariri School of Nursing American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Joanne Hubbard, RGN RM IBCLC MA HSM, Education Manager, Corniche Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Akram AlJaffan, Bsc. Pharmacy, Diploma in Quality and safety in healthcare
Nurses as Leaders and Agents of Change in Health Care and Barriers to pain management.
A strategic team approach to simulation: Our journey -best practices within Corniche Hospital.
and Quality and safety in health care: strategies in medication safety
Around 100 nurses from many different hospitals from all over the United Arab Emirates attended the events, to benefit from the important topics discussed and the very useful presentations.